Developing and retaining our staff is essential in order to achieve our potential.
Our commitment to providing all of our staff with a working environment that will enable them to achieve their full potential is at the heart of our business. As an employer, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to developing and retaining them.
We believe in offering opportunities for continuous development, whether you want to take on more responsibility or learn new skills. We are looking for people who are talented and ambitious individuals who are eager to learn and progress in their career and want to be part of a growing business.
We pride ourselves on looking after the wellbeing of our people, therefore you will have monthly 121 meetings with your line manager to spend quality time together discussing your performance, your training needs and your future goals. More importantly, understanding how you feel and ensuring you have all of the support that you need from Commercial Express. You will have Appraisal reviews twice a year to measure progress on objectives and celebrate successes. These reviews will contribute towards the annual performance-based pay review process.
At Commercial Express we encourage and support our people to achieve industry-recognised qualifications. This boosts their personal development and promotes the level of knowledge and expertise within our teams. We understand that training for CII qualifications requires commitment in both time and finances, which is why Commercial Express offer incentive schemes for people to choose the best options for them. Our most popular option is that we can provide an interest-free loan to cover the cost of course materials and exam fees. Offer paid time off to attend exams. Upon completion of the qualification, you would be rewarded with a guaranteed pay rise. Alternatively, we can offer a learner agreement where the business would provide the full financial investment to cover course materials and exam fees to achieve the qualification.
Send us your CV here
2x Liability Underwriters
Benefits for working at Commercial Express
- Workplace Pension Scheme offering you flexibility of up to 16%
- Minimum of 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 Paid Volunteer Day per year
- Hybrid Working – Flexibility to work from home combined with a number of days per week in our office on The Waterfront in Brierley Hill. Providing a fantastic work environment to drive our commitment to learning and development, innovation, and collaboration
- Health Cash Plan and Virtual GP Services
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders and access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, offering a range of health and wellbeing, financial and counselling services
- Professional Memberships Funding Options – as part of holding CII Chartered Insurance Underwriting Agent Status we offer a variety of funding options to support our people in achieving industry-standard qualifications
- Employee recognition awards and annual employee awards
- Staff social events throughout the year, including Summer and Christmas parties
- Long Service awards
- Free onsite parking
- Matched funding for charities
- Death in Service benefit
Here are some testimonials from our amazing teams
“I was made aware of the vacancy through people I had previously worked with. They highly recommended CE, outlining the job prospects and focusing on employee wellbeing. I had basically hit the ceiling at my previous place of employment and CE opened many more doors for me. Allowing me to expand my knowledge and apply it. I particularly like the fact that CE encourages it’s employees to venture into new roles and acquire licenses in different schemes.”
“ I chose to join CE because of the people. For both interviews, I got a real sense of friendliness and warmth which is so important in the workplace. I came from a very large business – so it was very appealing to come to work for a smaller team, with more ability to make an impact and contribute towards the growth of the business. I know now that I made the right decision as everyone has been so welcoming, helpful and given me some real direction.”
Junior IT Developer
“Commercial Express ticked all the boxes for me when it came to searching for job roles. Being a company that offered excellent benefits, embraced the modern approach of hybrid working & encouraged growth in a number of technical areas made it a no-brainer for me to apply to work at CE – thankfully I was rewarded with a job offer to become their newest IT Developer. Everyone on the team, and in the company as a whole, has been extremely welcoming and supportive, allowing me to make excellent progress in my first few months.”
Our Commitment to Care and Charity
Commercial Express are committed to looking after our people and actively promote monthly well-being topics.
In line with this, we support several incredible charities, nationally and locally, throughout the year. We also will match fund any money raised for charities that are colleagues support and promote.
We are proud sponsors of the Birmingham Adult Transplant Sport Team, to whom we have a five-year commitment to support their fantastic achievements and promote the very important message around organ donation. This is a fantastic team of people made up of recipients of organ, stem cell or bone marrow transplants. Members range in age from 18 to over 80, all of whom have used sports to help their recovery after their transplants. Some of the members have even donated organs themselves.
Our Mission & People Values
- To offer the best solutions and service possible. We are the smart choice and first option for our customers.
Our People Values
- Our culture is warm and friendly, with a can-do attitude.
- We communicate effectively to ensure transparency.
- Our support builds long term trusting relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Innovation is encouraged and supported in our people, products and technology.
- Investment in performance through training and development.
- Personal and professional in our approach.