If you have any questions or concerns about your policy or the handling of a claim you should, in the first instance contact the Insurance Broker who arranged your insurance.
However, if you remain dissatisfied and wish to make a complaint you can do so at any time by referring the matter to Commercial Express. Full details on how to make a complaint are also shown in your policy wording.
You can contact us by:
• Telephone – 01384 473021
• Email – email@example.com
• Post – Compliance Manager, Commercial Express, B1 Custom House, The Waterfront, Level Street, Brierley Hill, DY5 1XH
Please include your policy number, contact details and as much information as possible to help us deal with your complaint.
Where a complaint arises, we will, wherever possible, endeavour to resolve the matter by no later than the close of business the third working day following receipt. If this is not possible, we have a documented, formal complaints procedure, details of which are shown below.
1) We will acknowledge your complaint promptly, to reassure you that we will be dealing with the issue as a matter of urgency, giving you the details of who will be handling the matter in our office.
2) In the event that your complaint relates to activities or services provided by another party, for example your Insurer, we will advise you of this in writing within five working days giving the reasons for our decision and ensure that your complaint is promptly forwarded to the appropriate party, in writing.
3) We will aim to make a final response to you as soon as is practicable and keep you reasonably informed as to progress. We anticipate that we will be able to provide a substantive response to most complaints within eight weeks. If this is not possible, we will issue you with a response that gives the reasons for the delay and indicates when we will be able to provide a final response.
4) When we provide our final response letter, we will endeavour to ensure that we have taken into consideration any financial losses, or material inconvenience you may have suffered. If we do not feel that your complaint is justified, we will advise you of the reasons for our decision and we will also advise how you may pursue the complaint if you remain dissatisfied.
Lloyds Policy Holders
If your policy is provided by Underwriters at Lloyds and you are unhappy with our response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the complaint team at Lloyds. Details of Lloyd’s complaints procedures are available at www.lloyds.com/complaints
You can also contact Lloyds using the following details:
• Telephone: +44 (0)20 7327 5693
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Complaints, Lloyd’s, Fidentia House, Walter Burke Way, Chatham Maritime, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4RN
• Fax: +44 (0)20 7327 5225
The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are dissatisfied with our response (or a response from Lloyds where applicable), or we have not provided you with a final response within 8 weeks, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you wish to do so, you must refer your complaint within 6 months of our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) provides eligible complainants with a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Further details can be found on the FOS website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
The FOS helpline numbers are 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123, or their postal address is Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR.
The European Commission has established an Online Dispute Resolution Website for purchases made online. The website provides a platform which will direct your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider (in the UK it will be the UK Financial Ombudsman Service). Further details can be found at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr