We wanted to offer you some good news regarding our Contractors All Risk product.
HSB Engineering have agreed to increase the cessation of works period cover from 30 days to 90 days for any client who’s contract has been halted due to COVID-19 and Government restrictions.
This change applies to all existing policy holders, who must endeavour to follow the guidelines outlined below where it is permitted and safe to do so.
Temporary Closure of Construction Sites
It would be prudent for UK contractors to prepare themselves now for when either they voluntarily or driven by government directive have to temporarily close the work site.
Pre planning considerations
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Consider legal and contractual implications
- Create a closedown plan which specifically details critical areas on the site
- Establish responsibilities and key contacts
When actual demobilisation commences
- Document the progress on site to date
- Ensure emergency services access plans and provisions remain in place
- Remove waste from site or secure in covered and lockable containers
- Remove or secure scaffolding to prevent access
- Inspect current temporary support works
- Establish additional temporary support works for part built structures
- Back fill or cover over excavations and ensure dewatering systems are working
- Lock anti-climb hatches on tower cranes and note the expiry date of the certificate of thorough examination
- Retain essential electrical power supplies but drain down water systems and shut off water and gas supplies
- Remove materials and plant from site back to secure depot or secure within lockable containers and buildings
- Check site fencing and repair if necessary
- Establish site security during the closure period – whether staffed or remote monitoring if a possibility
- Record contact information for key personnel and establish responsibility for site access
If you have any questions on this matter, please call our technical team on 01384 473 021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org